This is Grace Minting Hung. She is the latest addition to our family. She was born June 30th, 2008 and lives in Tonguu County, about 4 hours outside the capital of Nanchang of Jiangxi Province, China.
In addition to Grace, of course we have the other monsters, Ian, Eric and Patrick.
These are our dates so far in the adoption process.
Home study approved: May 13, 2009
DTC: July 06, 2009 (dossier to China)
LID: July 16, 2009 (date our dossier was logged in)
Referral: August 7, 2009
LOI: August 8, 2009 (our letter of intent to adopt Minting)
PA: August 18, 2009 (preliminary approval of the adoption)
Now the long wait begins…..again! Hopefully no longer than February.
Now that I'm going to try and blog, and for those of you who don't know us, I must add a few photos of our first daughter Stefanie who was tragically taken from us on January 1st, 2008. We have no doubt that she would have loved the idea of having a little sister and know that she is watching from above. We decide to name Min Ting "Grace" because it's only by His grace that we are here and have made it this far since Stefanie's death and are now being blessed with another little one to love.
I tried to upload a video that Ian made but it didn't work. I'm far too new at this! Here are some pics!!!


Congratulations on your beautiful new addition! You and your husband will have your hands full with Grace and your boys. I'd like to think that your special angel Stefanie had a hand in leading you to your baby girl. Good Luck!
ReplyDeleteThat is really special remembering your daughter. I am sure she is looking down from above and smiling at her family. Your new little addition is so cute! I lost a child two years ago and I so know the feeling of grief. Someone once told me that you learn to live side by side with happiness and sadness all at the same time... it is so true. And you are right it is by the "grace" of God that parents are able to pull through. My motto for the last two years has been Jermiah 29:11.
ReplyDeleteHugs to you, I can't wait to follow your journey. Your family is precious.
Heidi
I am so very sorry for the loss of your first daughter Stefanie. It has to be so hard each day. I am thinking of you and I am so happy for Grace's referral. Nothing can take the loss of a child away, but I hope that Grace's arrival can help to ease a little of the pain.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Jonni