About 3 months after we brought Grace home, I distinctly remember telling my sister that I was done...done with having more kids. I was, however, feeling a bit overwhelmed at that point. (Whoever said that only women who give birth have postpartum, hasn't done both.)
Well...we've decided to go ahead and bite the bullet for the last time. And yes, this is the last time for sure because China won't let us have anymore (not to mention our line of credit).
At this point we've jumped through all the necessary hoops as far as paperwork goes and we're just waiting for the medical reports to come back and Ministry approval. With that being said, it might be another 3 months before we are ready to send our dossier to China.
Now I need to find a way to change my blog title to 6xmum2b but haven't got a clue how to do that, so I guess I'll just leave it as it is.
There has been great growth in our family over the last 3 years. We've learned about what really matters in life, how to become more organized, how to focus our thoughts in a positive way to get positive outcomes etc... But what we've learned the most is that nothing compares to the depth of joy that our children bring us (no matter how much they drive us crazy sometimes), and to each other. With the death of our 14 year old daughter we learned that in a flash life can change when you least expect it, and that taught us to bring into our lives everything we could find that makes us happy and to just enjoy it. For us that means a great family, great friends, good food, good wine (of course) but mostly, a house full of loud, rambunctious, crazy little (and not so little) kids.
Most would wonder how I could feel like I'm one of the luckiest people on earth, but I am, and Stefanie (our 14 yrs old) knows it too, because she's always with us.
I liked reading this ... you are a remarkably upbeat and inspiring friend, Patricia.
ReplyDeletehugs, Heather
That is so exciting.Children are such a blessing even when they are loud and crazy. We have an extra 17 yr old living with us so that makes 5 for us and 6 when we finally get around to adopting. We are still waiting for a referal and going a little crazy. I think we are close but it's so hard to know sometimes. It's good to hear from you once in a while. Blessings on your family and your new adoption.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! I hope that your dossier is completely quickly and sent onto CCAA. Children are such a blessing!
ReplyDeleteYay! I am so happy for you all. (If you want the blog address changed I can tell you how!)
ReplyDeleteJuanita
Your family is truly an inspiration and you have gone through every parents worst nightmare... yet you come out with such an amazing attitude and upbeat spirt. I am happy to see that you are adding to your family once again and I hope things move quickly for you. I will be following your journey!
ReplyDeleteI was sure I had already commented on this but I guess not. Sorry about that. I am so excited for you all. You are a remarkable women and have a amazingly strong family. I can't wait to hear more.
ReplyDeletenatalie
Wow! I was just popping in on you & Roberta (since it's been about a year for you two, fellow summer 2009 LID-ers) and how exciting! Looking forward to following as things progress.
ReplyDeleteGrace is adorable! It's good to hear things are well.
Melissa
Mom to Sofie, 4 yrs old
Home March 2010
www.adoptiontale.com