It's official...we're heading to China in June. The exact date is to be determined, but around the middle of the month, returning on the 29th or 30th. It's been a real rollercoaster with the dates changing over and over. But Yulin (from our agency - FOI) called this afternoon to inform us that we will be included in the June group and we have to be in Fuzhou City, Fujian province by June 19th.
Apparently things are a little different in Fujian than in other provinces and we need to spend a full week there (rather than just 5 days). Our plan (at this point) is to tour Shanghai first with the boys and then head to the province, but a lot will depend on cost and James work.
We also need to come home a day early because it's my parents 50th wedding anniversary and my brother's wedding (the same day the group comes home). As a family of 27, we have booked a resort get away for 5 days to celebrate starting on the 29th of July. Either we'll all be able to come home 1 day early, or I'll come back with the boys on the 29th and James will stay one more day with Elena and join us early on the 31st. It will be a shame if that's what we have to do, but we're not postponing until July.
I just sent a second care package to Elena's foster parents through Ann of Red Thread and I'm hoping for some updated photos and weight/height info. so we know what to bring. If you haven't used her before, she's wonderful.
When we adopted Grace, the news came on Thanksgiving which I thought was quite fitting considering everything. This time, the news came just a few hours before Mother's Day which I also find quite fitting as Elena will be the last addition to our family.
I am so stinkin' happy for you!!! Do you realized you'll be in full 'jetlag' mode for the 50th anniversay! (-:
ReplyDeleteSo happy that you will be going soon to met your newest daughter!
ReplyDeleteWe got 23 pictures back from the birthday package we sent to our son threw Ann! She does a wonderful job and it seems to have special favor in the eyes of the orphanage directors!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to meet up with you in Beijing!