Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Coming home tomorrow!

…Wednesday morning and only one more day until we fly out…

James went to the Summer Palace the day before yesterday on his own.
I wasn't feeling very well so I stayed home with Grace.

(By the way, we call her Ting Ting still because that was her nickname
with her foster parents and she knows no other. Little by little we
are using Grace but mostly it's still Ting Ting.)

The little monkey is still hording food as if it will run out or
someone will take it from her but I think that might be slowing down a
bit. She is becoming more affectionate with me and is as happy with
me as with James (for the most part). Her temper tantrums however are
ugly. James thinks that they are not lasting as long but it always
seems like an eternity when she's having one, so I'm not sure. Can't
wait for the ones on the plane (sigh). It can only be a million times
worse for her than for us and all we can hope for is that they are
less and less as time goes on (until she's 13 of course).

We're off to the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. Tonight we have
a birthday party of sorts for the children with clowns and magicians
and probably more Chinese food. But, it's symbolic as their first
birthday with us as a family and chokes me up just thinking about it.
I can forgo one more dinner for that.

Can't wait to come home and see everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you everyday!! Can't wait to meet Grace "Ting-Ting" Hung - that is sooo cute.

    Please have a safe journey home - I am sending you all the patience I can muster for a long flight with Grace.

    Good Luck & I'll be thinking of you all. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you home safe and sound. Have a safe trip home and enjoy your party sounds like it will be wonderful and something you will treasure always.

    Almost home baby Grace.
    Nat

    ReplyDelete