….final entry…maybe (…the boys asked for 100 adopted boys for the one girl, a fair trade in their minds and they even offered to change diapers)
We’ve been home now since Thursday night and I can’t believe that it’s already Sunday night. Where has the time gone? Well, of course, most of it has gone on trying to switch from nights to days or visa versa. The boys have had numerous activities like hockey etc…and “mum’s taxi service” is back in full swing. Also we’ve had many friends and family by to visit.
Grace is a lovely little girl (and I can say that because I didn’t have anything to do with it). Her disposition is warm and soft UNTIL her big brothers smother her too much and then she bonks them in the nose. PERFECT!!
The plane ride home was uneventful and easy. Grace slept pretty much the entire flight save 2 hours and James and I got some much needed rest. Immigration was a breeze and my sister was there to pick us up and drive us home. The boys were waiting for us at the door and had put a big “WELCOME BACK” sign in the window.
Of course James and I were chopped liver and Grace was the only one who mattered. I might have been a bit disappointed but I realized that they are so secure within themselves that they never felt scared or insecure without us. Considering all that’s happened to our family over the past 2 years, they could be quite the opposite and my greatest hope is that one day Grace attaches to us the same way and never ever feels insecure.
It was a real pleasure meeting all the people in our group and the support from the adoption community is unbelievable. Can you imagine that I emailed a friend in a panic about something and within 5 minutes she was on Skype and helping me through it? (Thanks Heather)
I’ll be around on the groups learning and sharing as we go, so please contact me if I can be of any help to anyone.
God Bless!
Welcome back and enjoy your family.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! What a beautiful family! Welcome home!
ReplyDeleteSo happy to hear you are all home safe and sound. I do hope this is not your last post as I would love to hear more.
ReplyDeleteCongrats again, and WELCOME TO YOUR FOREVER HOME GRACE!!!
PS. my new email is jmzfournier@yahoo.ca
nat
Such an amazing story! I'm so happy for all of you. She's adorable!! Sounds like she will be keeping you on your toes!! She will make a great addition to the Hung family!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulaions.
Welcome home! I've been following and wishing you all well. Hope you might consider doing an update to let us know how you're doing once you settle in with your beautiful daughter. :)
ReplyDeleteChris
Mom to H. in Toronto
We'd love to hear an update once y'all have settled in a bit. Congrats again!
ReplyDelete