Well, it's down to a couple of soccer games, the Stanley Cup, a little sleep and then we head off to the airport. There is an Air Canada strike (baggage handlers et al), so we're going Carry On Only. Yup, you read it right, just what we can carry on our backs. I'm sure after a few days in 37 degree heat with 98% humidity in the same clothes...well...you can only imagine. But then again, who will notice???
We're so excited to meet our little girl - and a little nervous. Truthfully I'm terrified to lose the boys in Shanghai. If I wasn't feeling nervous enough, Eric (8) said to me "How is it possible that a city has only 10 million people less than Canada, the second largest country in the world?". Thanks kid!
We think that we'll get Elena at approximately 3am on the 19th here (3pm there). We arrive in Fuzhou (Fujian province) at 10:30am and she'll be ours in the afternoon. Can't believe the date is finally here.
Good luck with your flight. I would love to know what you managed to pack with only carry on!! I am impressed!!
ReplyDeleteTricia (also an FOI family)
Just ask you guide for help sending out laundry everyday! I am in awe that you are going COO, but impressed! Enjoy your trip...
ReplyDeleteahhhhh!!!!!! So freaking excited for you!!! Give the boys whistles to wear around their necks while your out if that helps, ......helps me!
ReplyDeleteHope you all have a safe and very wonderful trip!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I read the Shanghai post first, and wondered if you were getting Elena at this moment (11:50 am China time.) But I guess you've got some time to squeeze in some lunch first! xoxo Heather
ReplyDelete